Monday 17 November 2014

Kylie Jenner Inspired Lip


Hello beauties!

I know that the Kylie Jenner lip craze is all over the Internet right now and i feel like the beauty world - almost every single beauty lovers out there from every corners of the Earth, every depths of the Ocean and every planets in the galaxy - has gone absolutely bonkers, desperate to know the exact shade and the exact products she use.

Most beauty gurus i came across on the Internet had guessed Whirl lipliner topped with Velvet teddy lipstick, both by Mac, however an interview with Kim K, hosted by the Pixiwoo sisters, confirmed otherwise. Kim revealed that Kylie uses Soar lipliner and mix it in with one other (unmentioned) lip liner, also by Mac, during the interview. When asked about this other lipliner, Kim said that she couldn't remember its name.

The Pixiwoo sisters kept bombarding Kim with "trick" questions hoping she would at least drop them hints about this mystery lip liner but they still couldn't pry the answers out of Kim. 😄  I thought that "interrogation" part was funny, and chuckled to myself as i watched the video.

Kim, a celebrity who's obviously highly influential, veteran at interviews, has excellent business sense, knows too well not to disclose too much or risk giving MAC free publicity. And unless she was paid by MAC to talk about its products, seems fair the other "unnamed" lipliner remains a mystery. Oh well....

Nonetheless, Velvet teddy lipstick and Whirl lipliner by Mac are SO beautiful when paired together. Even if it wasn't the exact lip combination that Kylie uses, it's still a gorgeous pinky-mauve lip combo that compliments every skin tones. 

Kylie's recent photos donning the full lips was a bit of a "A-ha, i see what you did there" moment for me. I did have my doubts at first but im pretty convinced now that the culprit behind all these drastic changes are all pointing towards the B-word: "Botox". 

My thoughts? Im suspecting she's got other things done too? Like boobs and butt, i suppose, cos they look so different now. They sure grew bigger? Gosh, i sound like a perv. Hahaha! 

But then again, girls edit their pictures all the time so it's hard to tell what's real or what's been "digitally enhanced" now. If my suspicion is indeed true, then, my thoughts are: Too young and too soon. She didnt allow herself enough time, or gave herself enough chance to see what "puberty" can do to her. But if it makes her happy, nothing else matters. 

Im here to spread positive vibes! 

I wasn't too head over heels with the lip color when i saw the selfies but I was immediately drawn to her lip shape. I was speechless, my jaw was on the floor. At that point, I was obsessed with lip-plumping products and this trend couldn't have come at a time that's anymore perfect!

Irregardless, if it was the lip color that drove you crazy or (for my case) her new lip shape, Kylie's lips are truly worth the hype, the ruckus and the commotion it created in the beauty world! 

Thanks Kylie for trending the "botox lips".  I prefer overlining them now for a fuller plumper look i've always wanted. However, the most important thing, is that now, i dont  have to sit through that tormenting 5 mins of intense tingling on my lips to get fuller lips! (that lasts more or less an hour or so, tbh) This overlining method is obvi painless and lasts way longer, i aint complaining! Product review on this lip plumping product i mentioned here is on the way! Keep a look out!

P/S: Beauties, if you love matte lipstick formulas by Mac and have not tried Pink Treat cremestick liner topped with Pink Plaid lipstick, you should! This lip combo is my go-to fav at the moment! 

It comes out such a pretty mid-tone rosy-mauve colour. I'll line it all over my lips, colour in my whole lips as well and then top it off at the centre of my lips with a little Pink Plaid lipstick. They are seriously perfect! Lip swatch soon!

Lips: Cremestick Liner in Pink Treat by Mac


Swatch of Pink Treat by Mac


Price: SGD $29 (Bought at MAC Store - JEM)

Mini review: 
  • Super creamy consistency makes application fuss free and less tugging on lips
  • Twist-up type pencil (No sharpener needed! Hurray convenience!)
  • Highly pigmented


P/S: Anyone knows if I can 'Back to Mac' this pencil once I've used it up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment